As we continue our journey through Lent, Bishop Rhoades offers his reflections upon two key parables: the Pharisee and the Tax Collector, and The Sermon on the Plain. Hear more about how these Gospel readings can bring us closer to Christ through humility and charity.
LISTENER SUBMITTED QUESTIONS:
– 25:07 – I have two questions, and I should tell you I am a teenager. My first question would be what steps I can take to become a married deacon? The second would be if I could be a lay cannon lawyer and what steps I should take to do that. My goal is to attend Ave Maria, but if there are other college suggestions I would like those too.
– 28:44 – Is it better to pray out loud or is it okay to pray in silence?
– 30:15 – What would be your number one tip for parents of an adult child who has left the faith?
– 32:30 – Does the commandment “Honor your father and mother” apply in reverse so parents have to honor their children as well?
– 37:25 – Why can’t we have a little more Latin in Mass besides at Advent and Lent?
– 41:05 – Do doctors of the Church perform surgeries? Do you have a favorite?
Truth in Charity is brought to you in part by Notre Dame Federal Credit Union.
Subscribe to the Podcast:
iTunes | Google Play | SoundCloud | RSS