Lourdes, Fatima, Guadalupe…have you ever wondered about the process that authenticates an apparition of the Blessed Virgin Mary? Makes it worthy of public devotion? On this episode, Bishop talks about an alleged apparition that happened here…in our diocese…what the investigation process looked like and what the commission concluded. Then, Bishop wraps up the series on Matriarchs of the Old Testament by pointing out parallels between their lives and the life of Mary. At the end of the show, Bishop answers questions from listeners on the COVID pandemic’s financial impact, the last time Bishop went swimming, and more.
Questions from listeners:
• When Mary accepted Gabriel’s call to be the Mother of God, did she know that her Son would be tortured and crucified?
• Is it healthy for priests to live in isolation rather than in community?
• How can all of us here help you most effectively spread the faith in our diocese?
• Has the COVID pandemic impacted our diocese financially? Are donations to Peter’s Pence and similar funds down?
• What can you tell us about Fr. Zimmer who will be the new president at the University of St. Francis? How will he work to increase Catholic presence on campus?
• Has there been any further development regarding the Medjugorje apparitions?
• With summer around the corner, I was wondering when was the last time Bishop went swimming?
Truth in Charity is brought to you in part by Notre Dame Federal Credit Union.
Subscribe to the Podcast:
iTunes | Google Play | SoundCloud | RSS